The Beautiful Bride | 1.23.22
1. Have you read GEBC’s paper titled “Racial Equality, Justice and Unity”? What did you think about it? Are you planning on attending the “Next Level Discussion” @ 4:00pm on Sunday, January 23? What questions do you have for the Elders of GEBC?
2. When/how have you experienced or observed racism in the American Church? What is the appropriate response to the stories told on Sunday of the American Church’s sinfulness in matters of race? What would it mean for you individually, and/or GEBC as a whole, to lament the American Church’s historic racism?
3. How would you engage with a neighbor who had a sign in their hard saying “Black Lives Matter”? What would you say if someone raised the past sinfulness of the American Church’s on matters of race?
4. Are you hopeful as you think about GEBC’s witness in the days ahead? If not, why not? If so, why?
The Beautiful Bride | 1.16.22
1. How have you processed the recent Civil Rights events in America? Why do you believe that Civil Rights issues continue to be an issue in America?
2. Given John’s vision of Heaven (Revelation 7:9-10) and Jesus’ definition of “neighbor” (Luke 10:25-37) what role does the church have to play in the work for Civil Rights?
3. How do you feel that the Church in America generally and GEBC specifically have historically done on issues of Civil Rights? What would you like to see GEBC do and/or not do going forward on issues of Civil Rights?
4. What questions and/or concerns do you have about GEBC discussing Civil Rights in the weeks ahead?