WELCOME TO GLEN ELLYN BIBLE CHURCH ONLINE!
Below you will find links that allow you to partcipate in Sunday morning worship remotely. Each Sunday morning at 6am we realease the Sunday service video along with Going Deeper questions for adults and other resources for kids.
GOING DEEPER QUESTIONS FOR ADULTS (1/17/2021)
- How have the events of the last 12 months made you feel? Which of the events of the last 12 months (e.g. pandemic, racism, demonstrations, election difficulties) have given you the most concern?
- What meaning, significance, interpretation have you typically given to the events of the last 12 months?
- What role do you assign to sin and God’s judgement in the unfolding events of our day? How would you apply Romans 1:18-32 to what we are experiencing in today’s events?
- When do you remember first repenting of sin? What was your experience, whether positive or negative, in repentance? How do you evidence a posture of ongoing repentance in your life? (Romans 2:4, Ephesians 2:1-10)
- Why do you think those present told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood was mixed with sacrifices? (Luke 13:1) How do you see people responding to the message of coming judgement much like the crowd of Jesus’ day?
RESOURCES FOR KIDS (1/17/2021)
We hope these resources help you lead your kids as we grow in relationship with Christ and one another!
Today's scripture passage is Luke 12:1-13:9 (Wow, that's a lot!). Begin by reading the passage together and helping your children understand what is going on in the passage.
- What does it mean to repent of your sin? Can you think of a time you have confessed your sin to God or repented of your sin?
- Why do you think Jesus gave the instructions to his disciples? What do they mean for us today?
- What is a situation that felt hard for you this year? How do you think God is a work in that situation? Do you think sin had a part of the situation?
Printable Resources for Kids